Hewlett Packard has released a custom version of Ubuntu Linux designed for netbooks. For the HP Mini 1000 Mi Edition, to be exact. Under the hood, the operating system is based on Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron. That means it can run pretty much any application that runs on Ubuntu including OpenOffice.org, Firefox, Thunderbird, Sunbird and Pidgin. In fact, it comes preloaded with all of those ...
Essential Windows Apps | Do Not Track | Microsoft Office | SayNow | LibreOffice | Zeam Android Launcher | Dead Space iPhone | Firefox 4 Mobile | Firefox 4 Release | PlayStation iPhone App | Excel Tips | Android Launcher | Google One Pass | Dead Space | Google Cloud Print | Songbird for Android | NBA Jam | Internet Explorer 9 | Windows 7 Connector for Mac | Office Mac 2011 | IE9 RC
- AT&T's 300Mbps internet launches in Austin, starting at $70 with targeted ads
- Engadget's Holiday Gift Guide 2013: For the Geek who has everything
- Digital Storm teases hybrid Steam Machine, reveals $1,469 starting price and not much else
- Google Drive Sheets gets offline document creation and editing, speedier calculations, smoother scrolling
- Law firm investigating EA for allegedly misleading investors with Battlefield 4
- Steam Machines ship to beta participants on Friday
- Battlefield 4 patched on PS4, should stabilize 'large amount of the client crashes'
- Valve's Newell promotes 'Hour of Code' learning campaign, EA gives games to participants