There are plenty of ways to green up your computing environment, from power saving apps like Edison to waste reducers like HP's Smart Web Printing. What about your typeface of choice? Can an intelligently crafted font really reduce your ink usage by 20%? SPRANQ - a Utrecht-based communications firm - thinks it's possible. To that end, they've put a lot of time and effort into designing Ecofont. ...
LocalCooling is a free Windows utility that can help you configure power saving settings on Vista and XP machines. Honestly, it doesn't add any configuration options that you wouldn't find in the Control Panel, but LocalCooling does have one nifty feature that Microsoft doesn't include. It provides an educated guess of just how many watts your PC uses. Basically, LocalCooling scans your hardware ...
Google users in the US, UK, Canada, and a handful of other countries will notice that the page has gone black today. Do not adjust your monitors, this is intentional. Google is trying to draw attention to Earth Hour, an initiative to convince people to use less energy. Now here's the thing, last year there a minor controversy over whether Google should permanently change its background to black ...
Essential Windows Apps | Do Not Track | Microsoft Office | SayNow | LibreOffice | Zeam Android Launcher | Dead Space iPhone | Firefox 4 Mobile | Firefox 4 Release | PlayStation iPhone App | Excel Tips | Android Launcher | Google One Pass | Dead Space | Google Cloud Print | Songbird for Android | NBA Jam | Internet Explorer 9 | Windows 7 Connector for Mac | Office Mac 2011 | IE9 RC
- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas available on iOS right now, Android and Windows Phone next week
- South Korean court rules against Samsung, won't ban iPhone and iPad
- Daily Roundup: SteamOS release, holiday gift guide for the geek, Z Ultra Google Play edition and more!
- Facebook brings auto-playing videos to mobile devices and the web
- The 12 Days of iMas, Day 3: An iPhone case that could get you arrested
- The Monkey Kit adds a tail to your iPad so you can go hands-free
- Tony Fadell, the Podfather himself, appears to have purchased the red Mac Pro and gold EarPods from Jony Ive's auction
- Apple provides detailed listing of Samsung's misconduct during the discovery process