Okay, technically Answers.com didn't buy Dictionary.com. Rather, the parent company of the former is in the process of buying the parent company of the latter for $100 million. Answers Corp will acquire Lexico Publishing Corp, the company behind Dictionary.com, Thesaurus.com, and Reference.com. According to the press release, Answers is interested in Lexico because: Lexico web sites generate ...
Essential Windows Apps | Do Not Track | Microsoft Office | SayNow | LibreOffice | Zeam Android Launcher | Dead Space iPhone | Firefox 4 Mobile | Firefox 4 Release | PlayStation iPhone App | Excel Tips | Android Launcher | Google One Pass | Dead Space | Google Cloud Print | Songbird for Android | NBA Jam | Internet Explorer 9 | Windows 7 Connector for Mac | Office Mac 2011 | IE9 RC
- Shazam for iOS updated with Pulse discovery feature, redesigned tab bar on iPhone
- Dragon Mobile Assistant 4 for Android adds driving mode, voice notifications
- Yahoo discloses US government data request stats: over 12,000 in six months
- GEAK unveils Eye and Mars smartphones with 13MP cameras, budget prices
- Eddy Cue: Steve Jobs picked 'Winnie the Pooh' as the iBooks freebie, also came up with the idea for 'page curls'
- EA/Chillingo's E3 2013 offerings: Plants vs Zombies 2, Fightback and more
- Bracketron NanoTek Stand: minimalistic design by 1.0 Innovations, functional standout
- Daily iPhone App: Solstice Arena is Zynga's shot at multiplayer online battle arenas