I got a message yesterday directing me to some groundbreaking post on Ars Technica, in which the long-winded and storied tale of an in-development 128 bit version of Windows unfolded like something out of a geek spy novel. Robert Morgan is working to get IA-128 working backwards with full binary compatibility on the existing IA-64 instructions in the hardware simulation to work for Windows 8 and ...
Palm was once king of the mobile landscape. The Palm Pilot made reality what a decade of electronic organizers and ill-fated Apple Newtons never could; A practical handheld computer to store the junk from your head. Once Palm established the market Microsoft stepped in with Windows CE, early versions of which were laughable in comparison to the Palm. Three name changes, infinite version numbers ...
Essential Windows Apps | Do Not Track | Microsoft Office | SayNow | LibreOffice | Zeam Android Launcher | Dead Space iPhone | Firefox 4 Mobile | Firefox 4 Release | PlayStation iPhone App | Excel Tips | Android Launcher | Google One Pass | Dead Space | Google Cloud Print | Songbird for Android | NBA Jam | Internet Explorer 9 | Windows 7 Connector for Mac | Office Mac 2011 | IE9 RC
- IMDb's latest iOS update makes it easier to follow movie stars without getting arrested
- Oppo N1 CyanogenMod phone launches December 24th with Google's blessing
- Samsung's GamePad to arrive in a Galaxy Tab 3 Game Edition bundle
- Researchers use alcohol, Arduino and a desk fan to send molecular text messages (video)
- The 12 Days of iMas, Day 11: The undisputed classiest iPhone dock you'll ever see
- Keezy updates allow for multiple soundboards, give users free Reggie Watts-made boards for fun
- When Google engineers first learned about the iPhone: 'What we had suddenly looked just so . . . nineties'
- Prismatic is an interesting news app with several worthwhile twists