Install iMovie on the original iPad without jailbreaking
To get iMovie onto the original iPad you're going to need the iPhone configuration utility, which is available for Mac OS X and Windows. Once that's installed, fire up the program and follow this step-by-step guide
- Click on 'Applications' in the left hand menu under 'LIBRARY'
- Click the 'Add' application button in the top left hand corner
- Find the updated iMovie IPA file (the one downloaded or updated from iTunes), which should be located in your 'Mobile Applications' folder within your 'iTunes' folder (normally located in your 'Home' directory).
- Select your iPad from 'DEVICES'
- Select the 'Applications' tab
- Scroll down to 'iMovie'
- Hit the 'Install' button (as shown in the image above).