Camtasia 7.1 giveaway and video review
Personally, I think TechSmith's Camtasia is the best screencast recording and editing suite available for Windows today. It's an extremely capable application, and one of its only potential drawbacks is the price – at $300, this is not a cheap piece of software. This is where the giveaway comes in!
TechSmith recently released Camtasia version 7.1, with several interesting new features. Since this is a screencasting application, I figured that the best way to show it off would be by recording a screencast. So I've created an 8-minute review that showcases some of the new features, and you can watch it after the jump. Here are some of the highlights:
- New callouts: There are several new types of callouts to draw viewer attention to where you want it, including animated "motion callouts."
- Shortcut key callouts: Camtasia now remembers what keystrokes you pressed while recording the video, and it can automatically show this in special callouts (shown in my review).
- A new playhead control: This new control makes it easier to select portions of the video. I've explained, in detail, how it works.
There are several other highlights, but I don't want to spoil any surprises. TechSmith has provided us with 10 licenses to give away to Download Squad readers, so go ahead and watch the video, and then leave a comment to take part in the giveaway!
- Open to legal US residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 18 and older.
- To enter, leave a comment below.
- The comment must be left by Monday, November 22 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time.
- You may enter only once.
- Winners will be selected in a random drawing.
- Ten winners will receive a Camtasia license, retail value of $300 USD.
- Click Here for complete Official Rules.