Report: Google leads Bing, Yahoo!, and Twitter -- in malware distribution
The same is apparently true for Google when it comes to distributing malware. In a recent report, Barracuda Labs found that Google (unwittingly, of course) passes out more malware than Bing, Yahoo, and Twitter combined -- about twice as much as all three put together.
Since Google dominates search, it only makes sense that malware distributors would do their best to invade its results. Interestingly, Barracuda's report states that only 2% of the malware they collected was 0-day -- the other 98% was previously identified. If that's the case, perhaps Google could (and should) be doing more to ensure known malicious links are uprooted more quickly.
What do you think? Share your thoughts in the comments!
[via Help Net]