MySoti is a well-designed online t-shirt and artwork marketplace
MySoti is an online t-shirt and artwork marketplace. The site looks nice, and the interface is easy to use.
- Selection seems to be plentiful. Lots of stuff to buy, and some of it looks good.
- The site looks visually polished. A nice blend between artsy looks and down-to-earth usability. Layout is sensible.
- You can easily share t-shirts you like, with a simple "embed code" (which is actually just an HTML link) right under each image.
- There are nice "artist pages", in which you can see all the works by one person.
- Search is very rudimentary. While the works are tagged, I had trouble finding anything interesting. I did not see any tag suggestions, related tags, etc.
- The prices I've seen seem a bit steep, but this isn't the site's "fault" -- sellers set their own prices and get a margin. However, the base cost seems a bit high -- $17.59 for an American Apparel shirt, on top of which the seller adds their own margin.
- I could not easily find shipping rates. I guess you have to open an account and add something to your cart for this, which is too bad.
I somehow feel the site lacks a bit of pizzaz. I know that's a really general thing to say, but it's just not that different from any other online t-shirt marketplace I've seen. It's well made, and I would give it 7 out of 10. Better search options and "themes" ("animal t-shirts", "political stuff" etc) could make it more interesting.