How to add command line switches to Google Chrome or Chromium
We've published a lot of posts about features in Google Chrome and Chromium which require you to add command line switches to activate them.
So how exactly do you do that? Watch the video above, and refer to the notes below -- it's a simple process!
- Locate your Chrome or Chromium shortcut. There should be one on your desktop and one in your start menu - either one will work!
- Click the shortcut with your right mouse button and choose properties.
- Find the target box (it will be highlighted when the properties screen appears).
- Left click at the end of the line (after chrome.exe).
- Press space.
- Add your command line switch. The result looks like this:
- If you want to add more than one, separate each switch with a space. The result looks like this:
C:\Users\LeeM\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe --bookmark-menu --enable-phantom-tabs