The EU - Microsoft browser ballot fight is over. For now.
So, what are the major changes which finally allowed the two sides to see eye-to-eye?
- The screen will be presented in a "neutralized window" rather than a full Internet Explorer window. I'm guessing this means the window title and taskbar icon will be free of Microsoft and IE branding.
- Browsers will be presented in random order.
- The ballot screen's design has been de-cluttered.
- Microsoft provide a status report to the Commission within six months - and then on an annual basis.
- Microsoft will be required to make changes to the ballot upon the Commission's request.