Regator comes to iPhone
If you're not familiar with Regator, it's a great web resource that highlights the web's best posts from the web's best blogs. It acts as a news aggregator breaking down blog sites into categories and offering a fun way to discover content on the internet. The new application, Regator for iPhone [iTunes Link] promises much of the same thing with a slick and easy to use interface and some great features.
So what makes Regator for iPhone so great? It's the only mobile application that allows users to browse, search, share and read thousands of the web's best blogs. It might sound a lot like an RSS reader, but it's so much more than that. By collecting, sorting and providing readers with thousands of articles, it's an easy source for news on almost any subject.
A few shots of Regator in action:
Some notable features:
- Browse posts from over 500 topics as diverse as beekeeping, geology, indie music, pop culture, job hunting and more.
- Search Regator's archives for hundreds of posts that users say are more relevant than Google.
- View the most popular blogs quickly and easily.
- Expand your knowledge with Regator's related posts feature.
- See trends and a look at what everyone is talking about right now.
- Quickly access and read posts directly from the original source.
- Share posts via email, Facebook and Twitter.
Comparable to an RSS reader, Regator differs in one big way. Instead of showing content from the websites you happen to subscribe to, it can pull the most relevant content on whatever you're looking for from the best websites, some you may not even know about. The trends view is an awesome way to find out what the current buzz is all about - much like Twitter's trends.
Bottom line, if you're looking for a great way to discover content quickly and easily, there's no better way to do it than with Regator. It takes all the work out of searching for news leaving you with fresh, readable content all housed within one great app.
Regator for iPhone is free and available starting today on iTunes.