How to fix the Windows 7 7057 desktop.ini startup bug
It's easy enough to remedy - here's one simple method.
1. Open the run dialog ( windows + r ) and type shell:startup and press enter.
2. Set your Explorer options to display protected operating system files - pressing alt then T then O will get you to the screen quickly. Click the view tab then uncheck hide protected operating system files.
3. Delete desktop.ini from the folder.  As posted by Chris123nt, you'll also need to navigate to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup and delete desktop.ini there as well.
4. Log off and then log back on, or reboot to verify that it's fixed.
5. Repeat step 2, but this time put the check mark back in hide protected operating system files (to prevent accidentally deleting something important later).