Executor: Light weight but powerful keyboard app launcher
Probably the coolest feature in Executor is the ability to assign global hotkeys. You can add keywords for any program by dragging and dropping a shortcut or executable file into the kewyord section under the settings tab. And then you can select a global hotkey to press to bring up that application without even pulling up the Executor window. For example, I can now luanch the Irfanview image viewer either by hitting Ctrl+Z to bring up Executor and typing in "irfanview," or I can just hit Ctrl+I.
Here are a few other features that make Executor stand out:
- Supports keyword "find [text]| for using Windows Vista search or Windows Desktop Search
- You can configure a drop down menu to display additional results or to stay hidden
- You can customize the heck out of the layout by changing the skin, fonts, dimensions, position, and transparency
- Use a single keyword to start multiple programs/documents/etc
- Assign properties to each keyword