Study finds girls eclipse boys in photo posting, other obvious web facts
- AIM: 93% of American teens (ages 12-17) use the web. Many of them use the web to interact with others.
- YouTube: 64% of online teens create online content, up from 57% in 2004.
- Livejournal (bad poetry): 39% of online teens share their artistic creations online.
- MySpace: 27% of online teens keep a personal web page.
- LOLcats?: 26% of online teens "remix" content they find online.
- WoW: 49% of online teens play games online.
- America: Teens are more likely to own desktop computers over any other type of "gadget." This one was almost surprising.
- Facebook: Social network communicators are more "intense" communicators.
- Facebook: Girls eclipse boys in photo posting.
- Nintendo Wii: 31% of teens spend time time with friends outside of school every day.
- High School: 34% of teens spend time with friends outside of school several times a week