Googleholic for June 8th 2007
In this issue of Googleholic we cover:
- Ask vs Google
- No Google Street View maps for Europe
- JetBlue partners with Google
- Google's Audio Ads growing
- Does anyone care about Google's PageRank anymore?
- Google enters the chip market
- Google has something to say about immigration
- Google's original investor cashes out
- Google accuses Microsoft of distributing Malware
Ask vs Google
Why isn't Ask trying to keep up with Google with their own ad sales instead of relying on Googles?
No Google Street View maps for Europe
If Google does plan on unleashing their street views in Europe, the law could step in for privacy concerns.
JetBlue partners with Google
JetBlue has announced a partnership that will see them providing Real-Time Flight Tracking through Google Maps.
Google's Audio Ads growing
Google plans on rolling out the audio ad service in the next month, offering up to half of all AdWords accounts the ability to create the ads.
Does anyone care about Google's PageRank anymore?
Is PageRank still a valid marketing tool?
Google enters the chip market with PeakStream purchase
Google chip supplier PeakStream was in trouble, so they bought them. This was to ensure PeakStream kept developing and improving the performance on single threaded applications on multi core chips.
Google has something to say about immigration
Google wants to see more H-1B Visas. Currently 8% of Google's workforce has this type, coming from 80 different countries. Without this Visa, Google couldnt hire qualified candidates.
Google's original investor cashes out
One of Google's original investors, Director John L Doerr, has decided to cash out his 59,900 shares, for a total of $30 Million.
Google accuses Microsoft of distributing Malware
Microsofts Internet Information Services web servers are supposedly twice as likely to deliver malware, than users of Apache.
Last weeks Google news...
- Google unveils Calendar gallery
- YouTube launches new look for embedded videos
- Google Maps adds public transit info, trip planner
Make sure to check in for Tuesday's Googleholic Google News report.
If you have any tips, tricks, or anything Google, you can always drop us a line!