How to create Office Docs on a Windows Mobile smartphone
Luckily Mike Temporale of Smartphone Thoughts has come up with a simple solution.
- Using MS Office 2003 or earlier, create blank Word and Excel documents.
- Save them to your desktop.
- Change the names to something like "New Word Doc," and "New Excel Doc."
- Right click on the files, select properties, and check the "read only" box.
- Copy these files to the /My Documents folder on your smartphone.
- Now when you launch Word or Excel mobile, you can select the blank documents from the open menu, edit them, and save them as new files.